Sweden will deport up to 80 thousand refugees

By Xuefei Chen Axelsson

STOCKHOLM, Jan. 28(Greenpost)– Sweden is going to deport 60 to 80 thousand refugee seekers next year. according to a report from Dagens Industri.

DI quoted Interior Minister Anders Ygeman as saying that “60 thousand refugees will be deported, it can also be up to 80 thousand.”

Ygeman said that the government has written to the police authorities and the Immigration office that they will cooperate with each other to deal with issue.

It is estimated that 55 percent of the refugees will be granted the refugee status and get relevant support while the rest of 45 percent will be deported to their own countries.

The countries to be deported to will be Afghanistan and Moracco.

It is reported that Sweden has received 163 thousand refugees last year.

But it is very difficult for the country to cope with this.  Ygeman said they will likely be deported with chartered airplane. But since the work is enormous, the real deportation will be done next year.

According to Timmermans, vice chairman of the European Commission, about 60 percent of the refugee status seekers are not qualified for it. They came for economic motivation, thus has no right to get refugee status.

Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said on Jan. 9 that those who were rejected as refugees should leave the country.


Leave a Reply